UTILITY BARGE, MULTI-CAT SUPPORT TUG AND SUPPORT EQUIPMENT SPREAD.
OCS has completed construction of a small utility barge OCS UB 01 “Miss Pennie” of dimensions 160 ft x 45 ft x 10 ft. The barge is based in Batam, Indonesia and is designed to support shallow water projects of all descriptions. The barge is accompanied by a multicat tug for anchor handling operations and general support. OCS has purchased two long boom Cat 390 excavators for pre-trenching and the barge has in-built mooring winches and spuds required to support pre-trenching, post trenching, small pipelay and other strategic marine operations. The barge spread includes a fully commissioned air diving system, barge and tug management survey systems and a robust work boat.
A summary of Key features of the Utility Barge Marine Spread:
- Equipped with 18.0 metre Spuds for Shallow water Pre-trenching (to water depths of approximately 13 metres). Spud control is by adapting the mooring winches.
- Centrally controlled (with manual override) 8 point below deck mooring system (10 ton air driven winches c/w compressors and 2 x 22 m3 air receivers) and 1.5 tonne delta flipper anchors.
- 60 tonne removable stern A frame.
- Equipped with lifting padeyes for transport by heavy lift vessel
- Designed to support pre-trenching, post trenching, small pipelay and other marine construction operations such as pipeline pre-commissioning, free span corrections and general marine intervention work. Can fulfill multiple functions saving the possible need for additional mobilisation of additional expensive marine support vessels.
- 90 tonne long boom excavators -provided for pre-trenching support.
- Tug support provided from a multi-cat shallow anchor handling tug.
- Shallow draft of 1.2 to 1.3m with thicker keel plate of 16mm for grounding where operations dictate.
- Overall layout of the barge with in-built piping system conserves deck space during marine operations.
- Barge is strengthened to accommodate a crawler crane up to 250 tonne capacity walking from one end to the other.
- In-house Air Diving system.
- In-house DGPS Barge and Tug Management system.
- Diving work boat
- Knuckle Boom utility crane
Barge Presentation: Download
Excavator Specification : Download