McConnell Dowell Constructors - MCJV Narrows Pipepull HESS (Indonesia - Pangkah) Ltd. awarded P.T Timas Suplindo a Contract for transport and offshore installation of the CPP and AUP platform including connecting bridges and flare boom in the Unjung Pangkah field near Surabaya, East Java. P.T Timas Suplindo engaged OCS to provide engineering and construction management for the marine installation programme.
CPP and AUP Jackets were installed during the first campaign in the 4th Quarter 2010 utilizing the DLB QP 2000. CPP and AUP jackets are 4 legged jackets with an approximate unit weight of 300 tonne and 48” diameter steel pile foundations. The piles were driven with a MHU270T to 95 meter penetration.
CPP and AUP topsides were installed in a second campaign during March 2011 utilizing the 3200 ton shear leg crane Asian Hercules II. The AWB Kaspadu provided accommodation support. The scope of works for the second campaign included:
- Transport of CPP Deck, AUP Deck and LQ, Compression module, Bridges and flare boom
- Installation of CPP Deck (2173 mT)
- Installation of AUP Deck (2069 mT)
- Installation of LQ module (655 mT)
- Installation of Compression module (1800 mT)
- Installation of CPP/AUP bridge (155 mT)
- Installation of CPP/WHP-B bridge (105 mT)
- Installation of CPP Flare boom (58 mT)
The project was completed without incident and to the satisfaction of all parties.